- Discover the different environmental programs of our foundation through a guided tour by experts of Grupo Puntacana Foundation.
- The Sustainability Center (Saturdays 10:00 – 11:00 AM)
Indigenous Eyes Ecological Reserve (Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30 AM – 12:50 PM)
A transitional forest with vegetation and fauna of humid and dry areas. More than 500 species of plants, 36% of which are endemic to the Dominican Republic. In its interior, there are 12 water eyes (lagoons) formed by outcropping of an underground river called Yauya, where you will be able to immerse yourself in an unforgettable experience.
- Coral Restoration Project: You will learn how we help corals reproduce and maintain our beach ecosystems.
- Recycling Program: We think green and take our policy very seriously. Learn how we involve our community to help Puntacana stay green.
- Apiary: Learn everything about our Forest Honey and the world of bees.
- Lombricompost: Learn how we work with organic waste in conjunction with California Earthworms and their benefits.
- Iguanas: Meet our endemic Iguanas Rhinoceros in a pond with its natural habitat recreated.
- Aquaponics: Learn how we can reproduce plants with fish that produce their nutrients and vice versa.
- Greenhouse and Orchard: Take a look at all the beautiful native plants and our fruit / vegetable plantations as an example of sustainable agriculture.
We invite you to know more about our environmental projects of the Grupo Puntacana Foundation in a guided tour that will enrich your knowledge about the nature of this wonderful terrain. These are some of the projects that you will meet:
Designed for those interested in knowing the endemic and native species of the Punta Cana area. Enjoy a walk along the Hawk Trail to the Bird Watching Tower Guided by an expert. Watch more than 100 different bird species living in their natural habitat, like our native Ridgway Hawk and learn all about them.